Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tortellini

Apparently Grace has been on the slow side as far as what and how much she is eating. (We went to Jake's the other night for supper and there was another 8 month old baby there besides Grace and I look over while I am eating my taco and he is on the floor in his own chair also eating a taco...and a whole strawberry! Grace was just getting used to puffs!) I have been going by the book that came with our baby bullet as far as what she should be trying at what age and I think that has been fine..but seeing that baby eat a taco with no problem really made me start thinking. She was just now starting to act like she wanted more anyway so I saw this as a time to add more to her meals. Next month the bullet book said that I could give her table food anyway...so..we made the decision to go ahead and give her what we were having last night, tortellini. It made me a little nervous...hardly enough to even say that. (but I did keep her up a little late last night to watch her a little longer)  ;) ok...I admit it...I am one of those crazy first time moms...even if I try and make myself believe that I'm not. I am trying to get better though. Anyway..she seemed to like it a lot..and here is a video of her eating it by herself. I started with a spoon but she kept trying to grab it so I just dumped it on her tray.
As you can see...she is having a little trouble getting food into her mouth. It's like her original intent is to eat what she grabs off of the tray but then sees her thumb coming for her face and sucks it instead.. it doesn't seem to bother her though!
 and this is little Miss Cutie about to get a bath!

Daddy came in and played his guitar and sang to her while she got her bath.. so this ^ is Grace goo-goo eyeing him for that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That food is no competition to that sweet, always dependable thumb!

Followers