So, Grace started fruit (bananas) on Monday the 16. She turned four months on Sunday but that is such a busy day..plus Grandpa and Grandmoo were coming Monday so we figured we could let them watch too. :) Mom helped me make Grace's first fruit and we took a video of her eating it. She always seems to think about her first bite when she tries something new...she has also gotten to where she makes noises when she eats..it sounds like "yumm". haha Since then she has had apples and pears, which she seemed to like as well! Next are sweet potatoes! I found a sweet potato at Kroger and no kidding...this thing is HUGE! With it being her first time to eat sweet potatoes I tried to get a decently small one...right. I got the smallest one that I could find...and it only cost $1.07!
 |
| "you back talking me caterpillar?" |


Grace still hasn't rolled over again but she is getting so close! I keep the camera/video camera handy when we do tummy time.
(tummy time has gotten SO much more pleasant, by the way..she is getting pretty good at it!) She has finally gotten on a pretty good schedule and she is learning to play by herself a good bit more..she still likes for us to be in the room but she will play with her toys too. The poor girl is teething and has been for a while but lately she has
kept her hands in her mouth..chewing on her fingers. She hasn't been too fussy because of it though. :)
 |
| |

This morning was a first for us...I woke up (excited about fixing Josh a surprise breakfast ...cinnamon rolls) and went down the stairs of our apartment only to slip and fall (yes, it was funny) on the wet floor. At first I thought, oh no...Maggie peed on the floor...but then I realized that a lot more than just that one spot was wet...more like soaked. So I got up and walked into the den a little more and found out that our rug was wet too...like step on it and a puddle comes up. (sweet little Grace all snug in her bed had no clue..she was just smiling as she always does in the mornings) Anyway, the whole bottom floor was "flooded". We weren't sure what happened..maybe our hot water heater was leaking? We called the landlord but couldn't get an answer so we left a message letting her know what happened..while we were waiting on a call back we saw that the neighbors had the "fix-it" guys at their place. Turns out that HER hot water heater busted/leaked..something. They said that our place got it the worst because we are slanted some.. but all four apartments had water in them. : / The guys that are helping us clean up are super nice..so that's a plus! :) ALSO, as far as we know, nothing has been damaged. SUPER plus! They are going to help us dry our rugs and clean them for us.. and we have got Mr. Tempest staying with us for the weekend, he is drying out our kitchen right now. I'm not complaining..just letting you guys know what happened. Things could have been so much worse. :) Long story short...Josh didn't get his cinnamon rolls....maybe tomorrow. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment